YOUR ABILITY TO WITHDRAW FUNDS AT DOCHES CREDIT UNION.
Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the same business day as the day we receive your deposit. Once the funds are available, you can withdraw them in cash and/or we will use them to pay checks or other transactions that you have performed. For determining the availability your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 5:00pm on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 5:00pm or on a day we are not open, we will consider that your deposit was made on the next business day.
RESERVATION OF RIGHT TO HOLD.
In some cases, we will not make all the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the same business day as the day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit or longer if necessary. The first $225 of your deposit, however, may be available on the first business day after the day your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the same business day, we will notify you at the time the you make the deposit. We will also notify you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail the notice by the business day after we receive the deposit. If you need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
LONGER DELAYS MAY APPLY.
We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
- We believe a deposited check will not be paid.
- Your deposited checks total more than $5,525 on any one day.
- You re-deposited a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. The funds will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
HOLDS ON OTHER FUNDS.
If we cash your check, provide cash back from your check, or splits deposit your check into multiple accounts for a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it.
SPECIAL RULES FOR NEW ACCOUNTS.
If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your accounts is open:
- Funds from electronic payments will be available on the day we receive the deposits.
- Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to the member. The excess over $5,525 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,525 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit
- Funds from deposits of checks drawn on Doches Credit Union will be available on the same business day as the day of deposit.
- Funds from all other deposits will be available not later than the ninth business day after the day of deposit.
Checks drawn on financial institutions located outside of the U.S. (foreign checks) cannot be
processed the same as checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Foreign checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this disclosure. Generally, the availability of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institutions upon which it is drawn.